Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Energy Work by Robert Bruce Review

Energy Work Review

It is kind of a strange story how I ran across this book and decided to read it.  Nothing over dramatic, but still out of the norm for me.  I go to Borders with my mom every-so-often to look at books, and read a little bit here and there.  I rarely ever buy anything, mostly because I spend a few hours at a time in Borders, and try to scan through a book as much as possible, trying to quickly read up on all it’s major points, so I don’t have to buy it.  It’s cheap, but I can learn a lot in a sitting, and save money doing it.  Anyways, I was scanning through a series of books looking for anything that might catch my eye, and I saw “Energy Work”.  It quickly pulled my attention to it, though it was one of the thinnest books compared to those surrounding it.

I picked it up and began reading it.  Scanned through the table of contents, so I can find the chapters that looked interesting and I could go and read them and be on my way.  With only 8 chapters and roughly 163 pages, it shouldn’t have been hard to pick apart.  I was pleasantly surprised, as the chapter titles themselves seemed to revolve around the issues I seemed to keep running across when it came to Telekinesis.  I quickly thumbed to a chapter and began reading, and each page was more and more intriguing.  To be honest, it seemed like the book was written just for me.  I even remember that thought running through my head as I was reading it.

It revolved around 3 major themes I see reoccur often in Telekinesis, especially when it comes to instructional tutorials for Telekinesis or Psychokinesis.  Intention, Energy and Consciousness, as well as a few other things I could recognize.  The book seemed packed with information, each page told a little bit more about how to do it, and what’s going on with it.  In the end, I ran out of time and decided not to buy it.  A few days passed, and I couldn’t get it out of my head.  I was even border-line obsessed, which is fairly rare for me, especially for a book.  I kept thinking, maybe this guy knew enough about Energy to really help me in this area, as Energy Work was not a strong area of mine, and I did want to brush up on it.  I was telling my mom about the book over the three days, and as a gift, she went and bought it for me.  She likes doing that for me because I don’t ask for anything on my Birthday or Christmas, and that annoys her.

I immediately began reading it.  Over the course of the book, it did go into a person’s Energy Body, and how it is laid out, how to stimulate and move Energy, as well as your Chakras.  Even how Awareness, Consciousness and Intention play an important role in it all.  For only 163 pages, it was fairly packed with information, easily covering the basics needed to get started and even went beyond that to more advanced stuff when you’re ready.  The only problem I really had with the book that I didn’t notice when I scanned it in Borders was, it is exercise heavy.  Bout 30-40 exercises (not sure on how many exercises, I didn’t count) to help you get more interactive with what you’re reading.  They really challenge your awareness and focus, and I won’t say they’re fun, but then again, I’m not one who likes homework, per se.

After having done some of these exercises over a couple of weeks, I have noticed changes and improvements.  Mostly in my concentration and perception, but strangely enough, my intuition has improved a noticeable amount.  I seem to know when  the phone is going to ring more, as well as who is calling, but more profound is, I seem to get a more clear feeling of how the days events will turn out.  Though I’m not sure if it’s because of this book, let alone if this was even supposed to happen through it’s exercises.

In the end, I would suggest it to anyone who is interested in the fundamentals of energy work, to get a good strong, thorough basis to it’s art.  I don’t want to spoil it by giving to much detail about the book for anyone who is going to read it, but it was a good read.  Definitely opened my eyes a bit to this world of energy and the intricate details involved, as well as inspired me to pursue it more.  I picked up the book for the purpose of furthering my Telekinesis, and it has helped me in that area.  I have noticed my health has improved, but I can’t say profoundly.  All in all, I would highly recommend it to everyone.

You can likely find it at your local book store.  I know Borders has it… I decided to find it on Amazon, and link to it just for ease of access.  You can give it a look there.


I hope everyone enjoys it.  I did! (Except for the homework)

Anyways, till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment